Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blending Into One


It takes someone really amazing, for them to choose to be a parent to a child when they didn’t have to be. My dad is one of those amazing people who had the courage to do that. He knew and understood that when he married my mom that there would be difficulties and challenges that would come because she had a four and half year old. But, he chose to be what I have always called “an instant dad” and wanted me to be his daughter. We have never considered the term “step” in our relationship because I wanted him to be my dad as much as he did. He has never loved me any differently than my sister or brother and I love him even more for that. Technically we have a blended family if you look at it through the eyes of society. However, I don’t feel like it is a blended family because choices were made that made us one complete family unit. I know that this is uncommon and is not all blended families have a happy ending. My mom and I got lucky because we found her prince charming and me a father who loves me as his own.       

1 comment:

  1. When Heavenly Father is involved in pitting these families together then all works well. You are truly a special child sent from heaven to bless both mine and your Father's lives. Dad and I are the lucky ones.

    ReplyDelete